Whats the best material to us to make couch cushions covers?

i got microsuede couch and loveseat, well the cushions are micro suede and the frame is leather. i got some stains that i cant get out and im tired of tryin to keep new stains from forming. the set is only 6 months old other than the cushions i love the set. i was thinking i could sew some cushions with a more child friendly fabric but not sure what to use. the leather is a chocolate brown, the throw pillows are a tan, chocolate brown and cream color. so wht kind of fabric ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Sounds exactly like my new couch set. First u need to clean it and totally scotch guard it!! then cover it with any micro fiber which is good for pets and kids! Any fabric store will sell it and or tell you which one. I got blankets and covered them becuz i couldnt find couch covers that fit. and i cant sew. lol good luck
    SOPHIASMOM

Answer by SOPHIASMOM at 9:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• it was treated with something before we bought it but what happened is my daughter fell and we gave her an ice pack for her head and the ice pack"sweated" as it melted and i didnt even notice the wet spot until it was too late. the lady at ashley furniture told me to dab rubbing alcohol to get the stain out but it didnt get all of it. looks better than it did though. not sure what else to use to clean it the cushions are a very light cream colored, i wanted the dark cushions when i bought the set but the set with the dark cushions was 200 more and i didnt want to spend that much.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• sailcloth or cotton duck, a heavy twill would work too.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2011