I am breastfeeding, I have a doc appt later next week but curious is the only intercourse protection available to use is condoms?

deniseandava

Asked by deniseandava at 9:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Health

• No. You can get a diaphragm or go on the pill, there is the IUD as well. You can talk to your dr. about the choices.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• There are several options available for breastfeeding moms. Just ask.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• oh ok I have an appt on the 8th. I just wanted to know about the options just curious. thank you !
    deniseandava

Comment by deniseandava (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Hi -

Soon after you deliver your baby and go for your first check up you should mention birth control to your doctor. You can use birth control pills specifically made for BF moms which won't effect the baby at all. The pills will not hinder your ability to produce milk either. I used them after the first and second babies. You may or may not have periods while taking the birth control pills and or BF. When I BF I didn't have a period what so ever but I used the pill for BF women for contraception. Much better than a condom!

SarahFarah

Answer by SarahFarah at 9:50 PM on Jun. 26, 2011