how do i break him from repeating?

he repeats everything we say, and is told to stop but doesnt how can i break him of this?

MamaJennie1208

Asked by MamaJennie1208 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• hmm, my sone does it once in a while and i tell him i dont like it and not to do it and he usually stops. if he dosnt he goes to his room
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 11:28 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i dont know my son who is 6 and my daugher who is 3 does it all the time i think they do it cause they know it bothers us
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:32 AM on Dec. 14, 2008

• if he is telling other people what you are talking about, I would be careful on what is said in front of him. If he is copying what you say, I would let him know it bothers you that it's rude and he needs to stop. Then I would walk away and pay no attention to him. He will stop if he thinks it is not bothering you!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• it is a phase. a learning phase. they learn pronouncation and syntax from your words. both my kids did and both grew out of it in about six months.
    weaveress

Answer by weaveress at 5:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• we have have told him to stop many times, he doesnt listen at all, for 3 and a hlaf hes very rebilous, nothing works, spanking , the corner, a chair, ignoreing,NOTHING WORKS! Hes very careless with everything.
    MamaJennie1208

Answer by MamaJennie1208 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 18, 2008