Headaches

So when I get headaches they r never ending... It's like nothing I do or takes helPs them... And idk if it's from my birtcontrol... Or heat... Or stress or what... But I can't take it anymore... And I dOnt have insurance or money at the moment... So idk what to do to help relieve my headaches any suggestions on what could work??

08Best17Mom09

Asked by 08Best17Mom09 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Health

• o boy, I feel ya! I had a bad headache for 2 weeks straight...I even went into the ER for it which is rare on my occasion because it takes a lot for me to go there for myself :/ any-hoo; my doctor is treating me with a Rx to try and rid of the headaches and sometimes I have to take 2 doses/day. If they dont go away then we order a CT. Now, on your situation you can take up to 2400mg of ib/day...not to say that doing this everyday wont disturb your liver cause it may. Best thing to do is to take a pain reliever and maybe increase your water intake and endorse an excercise regime. Relaxing, massaging and breathing techniques can help relieve some of the pain, however knowing what kind of headache you have and in what region your pain persist...lmk what you think and how everything goes from there...good luck! ;)
    Burt929

Answer by Burt929 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I totally understand. After my 2nd son was born i suffered from headaches that WOULD NOT go away. I took every otc imaginable and it didn't help at all. I finally went to the dr. and was diagnosed with chronic tension headaches. I had an MRI and all that and it all came back normal. I was first given a 2 week course of strong muscle relaxers to take every night before bed. They went away but resurfaced a year or so later. I tried going to a chiropractor 3xs a week, got monthly massages, didn't help. I eventually had to be put on daily Topamax, which is a migraine preventative and was given Fiorcet to take as needed. For me the Fiorcet was a miracle in a bottle. It knocked my headache out within 30 minutes (i could pop handfulls of otc and get no relief) and after a month or so the topamax also helped. I went from daily headaches to one a week maybe. 3 yrs later i no longer need those meds. Excedrine migraine has been working.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• con't...
    I was able to come off the prescriptions and now the excedrine migraine works well. I have to take it often, but it's working. I can't really remember if i had tried the excedrine before i took the prescriptions. I know i used advil, aleve, tylenol and they were useless. I also started running and it helped with stress. In the event of a headache that won't go away, ice packs on my head really help. If you can just lay with an icepack on try that. If i don't have the luxury of being able to lay down, I have used a roll on called Stop Pain. It's for muscle and joint pain, but it's kinda like that "Head On" menthol stuff. It seems to help also. I roll it from ear to ear, over my forehead and temples. I have also tried relaxation/hypnosis. I got them as apps for my phone, plug in the headphones and relax. It helps me also. One is called brain wave tuner. it has a headache noise. sounds totally stupid, but it worked!
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2011