Is it wrong to hate your stepchildren adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• um yes.
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 10:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• i would say so..but i feel its wrong to hate anyone.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Yes - children are much more perceptive than we give them credit for. Personally, I could never have married someone who didn't love my children at least almost as much as they love me.

Answer by missanc at 10:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• OMG, yes.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 10:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• can you be a little more specific as to why?
    lochbuie88

Answer by lochbuie88 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Yes, it is wrong.
    ANd it is also really not appropriate that the word HATE is used so often here at Cafe Mom. There is a lot of drama and too many self-centered, impatient amd intolerant women posting and spilling their guts about in consequential issues and saying they "Hate....." fill in the blank..
    We don't know WHY you "hate" your stepchildren. But , you shouldn't.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Actually no I don't think it's wrong,depends on the situation. I have heard stories of step kids abusing their younger siblings, I would hate my step kid if they were abusing my kids or they were being a menace in my home. One step mom had a teenage stepson who would hit her.....
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• it is very wrong, if you cant love your step children then whyd you get married to the guy?!? I would never be with someone who didnt love my kids and treat them just like their own. I understand because they are your step children that you never bonded or whatnot but take time to get to know them and figure out whats going through their head and try to build a healthy relationship with them. Other wise why are you there? you're not helping them in life at all, especially since they probably know how you feel kids are smarter then we give them credit for. and if anything you're gonna give them psychological problems... most memories are childhood memories
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• yes!! They are children!! What could they have possibly done to you for you to hate them??
    mrskgill06

Answer by mrskgill06 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• This is a question that is too loaded by itself. First, Hate is a strong word and one that many people don't take as seriously as others. Second, without some kind of background information there is too many variables in any answer.
    MommySmith08

Answer by MommySmith08 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2011