Ultrasound concerns

so the other day i went in for a well baby check up, i am 26 wks today, i already know the gender but while my hubby and i was in there the doc was SOLEY checking the amniotic fluid, she never once measuered the baby, when i asked is everything ok bc i mean she took like 9 or 10 measurements and remained quite she then said hm let me see if he is still a he? and of corse he was but she just said it looked normal and then i had +1 protein in my urine and the nurse freaked and made me return and wait till the doc made a decision, at which time the doc said it was fine and said i could leave....im just worried has anyone else had this?

bamamommy2009

Asked by bamamommy2009 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I haven't had this problem but make sure to ask what the original concern was about, that way at least you know and wont be thinking the worst...
    MommySmith08

Answer by MommySmith08 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Did they tell you why you were having another ultrasound? I had one because I was measuring big and they mainly did measure my fluid. Turned out I had extra. When is your next appt? Your doctor should go over the ultrasound with you.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 11:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• No, my pregnancies are ultrasound-free.
    You are wondering about what the nurse was worried about?

I think it's good to work on "being present" at your appointments, be aware, and ask your questions while there-- IF you can!
    ;-)
    Easier said than done, sure.
    But any time you wonder about anything, just ask.
    You can call later if you need to.
    But do it.
    At lease make a note and ask next time~

:-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• i did ask bc i was concerned that all she was measuring was the fluid, and the only response i got was like a distant "yea its normal" and more measurements. and the reason i had this ultra sound done is my doc had said he just wanted to see how much the baby is growing{so it would make sense to measure the baby right?!}
    bamamommy2009

Comment by bamamommy2009 (original poster) at 1:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2011