How does a first haircut work when the hair looks like an mullet? LOL

My daughter is 23 months old and was pretty much bald until about 6 months ago. The back of her hair starting growing out really fast and the fron is barely growing, but starting to get there. I dont want it to look like I give her a mullet on purpose even though thats what she has. I want to cut it a little, but I need tips. Has anyone else had the problem? How did you/they fix it to look more normal?

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you can, take her to your hairdresser or a kid friendly hair salon. They should be able to give her a cut that's cute, girly, and mullet free.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Can you keep it up in a little pony tail until it grows out longer? Keep her bangs cut straight across, or Betty Page style.
    Anonymous

• I would just keep cutting the back until it evened out with the sides. I don't think anyone will think you gave your child a mullet on purpose. I have seen kids with hair like that and it doesn't look intentional. Especially girls because with boys you can cut it all and it just looks like a haircut.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2008