Do you think familys just don't eat at the dinner table together enough?

Sarah961

Asked by Sarah961 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• its very different for our family as opposed to the family i grew up in. back then, my dad was the only one who worked outside of the home, was home by 530pm, monday through friday. so it was easy!
    my family? my dh works until 7-730pm....maybe. during the school year, my ds has lunch at 1115am..with a light snack after school, its still a long time to wait til 730pm..IF dh gets home on time. most of the time, dh's dinner is reheated. we do eat together on the weekends, though.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I don't know about other families but we eat dinner together the majority of the time.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Beats me. Except for activities maybe once in awhile, I don't understand how people can't. We eat as a family basically every night. There may be a few times a year (tops!) that we don't.
    Anonymous

• We never eat at the table. I never did as a kid either.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 10:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We eat at the table although kids activities do get in the way about once a week. At our home it's a rule even if your not hungry or nit eating, you still come sit at the table. Only illness & if your in bed sick can you not come to the table.
    It's the greatest part of the day. Our conversation are priceless.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 10:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• We're at the dinner table as a family nearly every night. It's something the whole family anticipates.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 10:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I don't know of any family that doesn't eat at the table. We usually did when we were growing up until we were teens and everyone was running in and back out to work so no one was home.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I think more families are getting too busy doing extra things besides being together as a family. Yes, more families are straying from the closeness that a dinner together brings. I enjoy eating at the table with mine. I love the feeling of preparing and serving a good meal and sharing it with my loved ones.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I do not know about other families nor do I care. For our family we eat every single meal at the table as a family (except while the children are in school) We find that eating meals together opens us all up for conversations about drugs, friends, bullies, other family member issues, and things happening in the world or just in our city that are on the news. We talk politics, and even have fun.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 1:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2011