Making it easy to go...

I am about 7 weeks pregnant and I am having a hard time going to the bathroom and doing number two. I am very constipated and to make matters worse I been having a brownish discharge for the last two weeks that has me worry. When I when to the hospital about the discharge two weeks ago doctor said that it was blood from the vaginal area not the uterus, and not to be concern unless its bright red blood. I was wondering what can I take to help me go to the bathroom more easily and not add extra stress to my vaginal area (who is not doing well) by pushing so hard when I got to go.
Thank You!!!

GodPRKitty

Asked by GodPRKitty at 10:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Ducolax is a OTC stool softener. works wonders in softening just enough without creating any problems...
    MommySmith08

Answer by MommySmith08 at 10:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Make sure you drinks lots of water. There are also some prenantal vitamines that have stool softners in them. You should not take a laxative because they can cause your uterus to contract. Also if you stay active and eat fruits and veggies.
    slick05

Answer by slick05 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Bran or unground linseed (flax seeds)! Works a treat. x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 9:15 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Pregnancy slows down the digestive system. I had similar problems. KEEP DRINKING! and add lots of fiber to your diet. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about what to take to get things to pass.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:19 AM on Jun. 27, 2011