38 weeks prego and ready i have a few questions answer pleasseee...!!!

can you feel sick when going into labor? And what should i really be paying attetion to now that i am 38 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i felt anxious..really anxious for about 3 days then my water broke when i was 37 wks
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 10:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• You need to watch for contractions that come regularly. They usually start off mild with mild cramping that feels like a menstrual cramp. They then become closer together and the cramps get stronger. Your water might also break, which could be a be gush or a trickle of fluid. You may have some spotting when labor actual begins. Good luck to you.

slick05

Answer by slick05 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• You can feel sick during you labor but I don't have much experience in this because my labor and delivery happened a little differently. Bump!!
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 2:17 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I had back pain and I got the "nesting" feeling really bad. I couldn't stand still! Constantly doing something, even waddling up and down three flights of stairs all day! But no sick feeling for me.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• YOu can feel sick especially if you are anxious. I'd say you don't need to think about anything. Just carry on as normal. You'll know when DDay has arrived and being anxious can only spoil the ride. Enjoy the last of you Bump Days! x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 9:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• You can feel sick but mostly its anxiety that will make you feel like that, on top of just feeling miserable in general. Pay attention to your tummy. You will feel it get tight and than loosen. That is a contraction. Now all contractions are labor related but your body getting ready. Once you notice them forming a pattern and can time them then you are in labor.

Answer by gemgem at 9:15 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Some women feel sick but like mentioned thats because of being anxious. I'd say pay attention to your body, any changes such as discharge increasing, changing colors and texture. Anything gloppy could be your mucus plug and if you have discharge that is really watery then your water might have broken. Your water breaking can feel like a gush or a trickle. For me it simply just felt like I'd peed my pants. As for contractions I hear they start irregular and just like cramping but they start to come at a regular pace, get stronger and closer together. I couldnt really tell because my water broke before I ever had a contraction and then they started me on pitocin which made them strong right away.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Like the other mom's said most people getting sick is from anxiety, just remember to try to relax and breath. If you tighten up the pain will be worse. And as far as contractions go if they don't go away after you lay down and get stronger and closer together then it is time. Your body will know when it's time and you will know what to do, relax and enjoy the time you have left.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 5:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2011