If you have an opinion speak up!!

The gypsies dress like hookers in my eyes. Toddlers and tiaras is too over the top and moms pushing there kids into thinking their physical is more important is setting them up for a major complex. Duggars seem like a very nice family that have great morals, work hard and respect themselves more than most teenagers I know. Sister wives is too complicated of a situation for me and I couldn't share my man in that way because to me it's demeaning.

My point is I have an opinion! Coming to that conclusion because of what I have seen on tv with these families and how I grew up, they are my unique opinions of these shows, not yours. If I see young girl getting tanned at 7, putting fake nails, eye lashes and loads of make up and wearing a glittery bikini outfit shaking their butts doesn't make me think they are being taught the right things. Whether it be for a pageant or for a 16 yr olds wedding, in my mind that is wrong!! I don't care if it's their culture or something they do every weekend it's not something I would show my dd or let her do. so why get upset when I say they look like hookers? I didnt call you a hooker. I didn't call all of them hookers, I only used my judgement on what I saw from those gypsies. Or why I saw from whatever it is I see. I'm not an idiot and know that obviously not all people are like this so I don't generalize it in my mind although I realize some do.
Why do so many get upset about how others feel when they mention a show or something? I mean it's one thing to say all stay at home moms are lazy because they are generalizing it but even if they are why not let them know what you go through instead of gauging their eyes out? Or like with this whole gypsie thing being very provocative, why is it ok for them to dress like that just because it's their culture? If a preteen or teenager dressed like that here in America like maybe your niece would it bother you just because it's not a part of he culture? Anyway my point is people stop being such bitches just because others feel differently.

And no I wasn't prompted to write this because I'm some scorn woman, I just had to say it. Some people are a bit confused about how this site works. You can't control how other people perceive stuff so why dog them out on here because your not getting your way? Just saying

Anyway how was your weekend?! :)

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 10:35 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Entertainment

• I agree with you, we should be able to have our own opinions, but I think the main reason some women will get upset is because, there are other countries who think what YOU dress your child in is wrong. And would YOU be ok with them calling your kids hookers? I say more power to you, it is great to have opinions, but it kind of seems like you really CARE how these other people are raising their kids. Same as we can all have our own opinions, we can all raise and dress our kids how we want. I don't like Toddlers and Tiaras. I think it is mothers living through their kids. I find Gypsies to be extremely interesting but very hypocritical, but I don't care so much to get mad about it.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• My opinion, Stop watching "reality Tv" it's nothing but a bunch of attention whores vying for their 10 minutes, regardless of the content
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Well said ! :-) I had a great weekend......
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Kristi agreed!!! But I must say it's made for entertainment and so I watch it as that. But if I choose to have and share my opinion with others why is it so hard fo people to just accept? This is what the sites for
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• hmm..so you're saying your favorite channel is TLC??
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Hahaha no actually I really like science channels and history or national geographic but there's not much controversy about those so wasnt a good example
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I think some people are threatened by differing opinions, even if they are totally respectful and insightful! It challenges their ideas and belief systems.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I agree wholeheartedly w PP!
    Also, I think that we have gotten so used to people biting their tongues so as not to say something that might offend someone else, that when someone does speak up, even if we agree with it, we're so shocked @ it happening that it becomes cause for outrage! And, when I say we, I mean society as a whole.
    Day in and day out, I see people so afraid to speak lest theirs be the unpopular opinion. Not until they see the masses joining in do they stand up and say what their feelings are. Then it's like- well, I've always thought/felt/said that. Uh- NO YOU DIDN'T! Ugh!!!!
    bbreitha

Answer by bbreitha at 1:06 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Nice to hear from you again musicmom :)
    ProudMammaMia

Comment by ProudMammaMia (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2011