My 1 year has a servere diaper rash.Whats the best way to treat it

Mom208429

Asked by Mom208429 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• what does it look like? If there are small white bumps it could be yeast. Using a product called Clotrimazole or Lotramin AF (both athletes foot creams- the active ingredient combats yeast and clears up yeast diaper infections very quickly).

If it is a very bad red rash, I really like Buderoux's Butt Paste.

If there are small clusters of white pussy looking bumps it is probably a bacterial infection and you will have to go into a pediatrition for it. What kind of diapers and wipes do you use? Probably stop using the wipes while your kid has such a bad rash. A wet wash cloth will not burn when you wipe the diaper area. Target brand diapers are the least harsh on my kids' butts (I use cloth now, but as far as disposables go these are the best I have found).

Hope this helps. Good luck!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I use cortizone or aquaphor petroleum
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• The first thing you need to do is to stop using wipes and only used wet paper towels or wet wash cloths. My pedi told me the most important thing to do is to keep it covered with ointment, she had me mix Desitin and A&D with a little cornstarch and it cleared it up within a day. Someone told me to let my baby go diaperless but that is nearly impossible when you cant make them sit on a towel.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• A & D cream or doctor will priserve Nystatin ,take to doctor let them see rash
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• The baby petroleum works well. Change the baby often, DO NOT LET THEM SIT IN A WET DIAPER. Giving them a hot bath everyday and letting them sit in the water is comforting to the rash and before diapering them back up let them air dry in the area. Then put on a protective cream like petroleum and desitin. if it doesn't clear up see a doctor
    missaprill

Answer by missaprill at 7:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2011