Tell me

What is it about Jesus that you don't like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I have nothing against Jesus. I believe, if he truly existed, he was a good man who helped many people when others wouldn't.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I like your Christ, I do not Like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

- Mahatma Gandi
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• One quick response, no answer.

Just because you don't understand the answer doesn't mean you didn't get one.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• To the first poster quoting Ghandi, and to all the votes up too ... if you like Christ, why don't you follow Him?

Liking and worshipping as a deity are two different things.  I like George Clooney (a lot!), but I don't worship the man.  If he asked me, though, I might consider following him (Clooney, that is), but I still wouldn't worship him.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 1:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Non-Christians seem to use it as a license for treating Christians poorly

Have you ever considered the possibility that if you're constantly dealing with people who treat you poorly, it has nothing to do with your religion, and simply due to them not liking you?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• The issue you seem to be attempting to reconcile is that you believe he was the messiah, we do not. That does not equate even a mild dislike.

This. It's something I'll never understand, the thought that if you aren't Christian that means you dislike or even hate Jesus, and that's simply not true. I do not agree with the Christian religion for many reasons, but that doesn't mean I dislike Jesus and his message. I just interpret things differently.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 2:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• "To the first poster quoting Ghandi, and to all the votes up too ... if you like Christ, why don't you follow Him? "

I like my nephew very much, he's an awsome kid, but I'm not about to declare him the Messiah, son of G-d, personification of G-d or think he can spiritually guide me because he's a nice guy.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I like Jesus just fine. Some of His followers... well that's another story.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I can't dislike something I don't believe in .
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 1:15 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• It's not a question of like but one of existence.  If Jesus existed at all, I certainly don't believe that he was anything more than a mortal man, born of mortals.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2011