If your child was diagnost with a terminal illness tommorrow what god would you call on?

I am not trolling i am serious, if you where dying would you call call on the true God or some fake god?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• As far as i know there is only ONE GOD & if there are other one's out there i don't want to know about them..

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• well since I don't believe in any god, I suppose I would call on a specialist to see if there was anything medically we could do for my child.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 11:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• None of them. They aren't ATMs
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• All gods are fake. I would seek the best medical help I could, fight it, and let fate take it's course. Whatever is meant to happen is GOING to happen, no matter which fake deity you choose to pray to.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• " i am serious, if you where dying would you call call on the true God or some fake god?"

for someone thats "not trolling", that was a POORLY asked question.

Since I'm not sure who this so-called "true God" actually is (despite hearing the idea bandied about an awful lot), I'm guessing I'd be calling on "some fake god".

Especially considering EVERY god is a fake god to SOMEONE.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 7:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• None. I would discuss options with the doctor and spend time at my child's bedside. I might "call" on my parents and extended family to let them know the situation, but that's the only calling I'll be doing.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• My child WAS diagnosed with a terminal illness in 2003. I stuck with my faith. Same ultimate creator that I had believed in BEFORE he got sick.

Oh and just a side note, I did not blame said God when my son died in 2008.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't. I would ask the Great Goddess to ease our stresses in this situation but I do not believe that the Gods would step in in such a case. The Fates have control on life and death and no one dyes before it's their time, so if it is time for my child to go, they are doing so because they have lived out their purpose and are ready to move on to the next stage... I would reach out more for comfort and for help to allow myself to let them move on rather than to ask for any kind of intervention.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I'd call on no god at all. I'd be calling a specialist.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I would not call on any god.... I don't think he/she actually has any control over our situations!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2011