I feel a "lump", (I guess?) in my left armpit...

It's not a hard lump, I guess... but it's been there for awhile on & off, and consistently for the past 3 weeks or so. I notice it when I put deodorant on in the morning, it hurts a little bit. My first thought is lymph nodes, I'm not sure if I should go to the doc? I otherwise feel fine, well I'm tired but being a SAHM with a 3 yr old and a 4 month old will do that to ya.

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Health

• Cancer doesn't usually hurt but lymph nodes do. If you have any type of infection or illness your lymphs will start to swell and this is an indication that your body is trying to fight something off. Cancer will usually be small and hard like a bb for a bb gun. And it is usually stationary. Hope this helps ease your mind. If you still have it in a week or so I would go still go check it out. It could be a sebaceous cyst from an ingrown hair follicle and this could be painful as well if it becomes infected.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 11:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Go get it checked out for sure don't wait & GL...
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Go see a doctor asap! You can't rule out anything until you are your doctor ..
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 11:16 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Hey, i have had the same thing a few times, if you stop using deodorant for about a week it should clear up :)
    Joanne278

Answer by Joanne278 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• It doesn't feel hard like a BB but it feels deep under the skin and it's weird... when I press on the actual lump it hurts in a different part of my armpit. Must be pressing on a nerve or something. I had something a long time ago (and sorry this is gross TMI) where I had a buildup of deodorant in a pore in the crease of my right armpit. This doesn't seem to be quite the same as that... but it could be. Hmmmm.
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• Please go get checked. I've had some thickening around my right armpit for a few years (noticed it after I had my daughter 5 yrs ago) and didnt think much of it. I thought it was becuase I had gained weight but then I lost the weight and it's still thicker than my left side. I'm currently 37wks pregnant and brought it up to my OB and he said it could possibly be a lymph node (it gets tender every now and then). Anyway I wasnt satisfied with his answer because I've had it for so long so I went to another Dr. yesterday and he felt around and said yes it could possibly be a lymph node but he recommends that I have a thourough breast exam done after I have the baby in a few weeks since hormoes could play a role in what I'm feeling in that area, he didnt want to do the breast exam right then. Anyway, I'm not freaked out after reading and after seeing him so thats why I'm encouraging you to go get checked.
    Mommyx2BG

Answer by Mommyx2BG at 7:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• oops meant to say now I'm freaked out, I put "not"
    Mommyx2BG

Answer by Mommyx2BG at 7:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• Thank you... I will.
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 8:14 AM on Jul. 4, 2011