How can I get purple crayon out of a white bed sheet?

My darling little daughter decided that her white sheet was a perfect canvas to color and did so with a dark purple crayon. The crayon says its washable but I have never had experience with anything but ink(which is not easy). Whats the best way to get crayon out of sheets? (this is only part of the damage....she got the WHOLE sheet)

caileighsmama09

Asked by caileighsmama09 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Home & Garden

• bump
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:33 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• try Oxi Clean powder in your wash & rubbed into also! you have a Picaso there? ; )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• lol..rub laundry soap on it and wash in hot. You can also try to put it between 2 pieces of fabric and iron it out with a real hot iron and steam.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I'll have to try that. You reminded me that to get ink stains out I used OxyClean stain remover spray.....hopefully it works in this case too. And yeah....she's quite the artist lol
    caileighsmama09

Comment by caileighsmama09 (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• hairspray...works everytime
    Tyler_mom1996

Answer by Tyler_mom1996 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Try spraying straight Sol-U-Mel on the stain and PreSpot 4x's concentrate - let it sit for a few hours - and than wash in MelaPower and MelaBrite - It should do the trick :)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Thanks yall. In the end, Arm & Hammer laundry soap with oxyclean got it out. Didn't even take scrubbing. (BTW hairspray works great on ink too)
    caileighsmama09

Comment by caileighsmama09 (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2011