Is this a sign he is ready to potty train?

When I let my son run around for a bit without his diaper to get air he poops on the floor. He has done this 3 time, including today, so I am wondering it's time. He is 2 and 3 months. Only other sign I see is when he pees sometimes he feels his diapers or after he poops he comes to me but nothing before hand. No verbal ques either.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 11:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Your boy is the same age as mine haha....I'd say so I brought the potty out so he can get familiar with it but so far he just sits on it or plays the music, nothing serious yet...he always wants his diaper off. BUMP
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• yes, i would say he is ready! good luck! when i potty trained my son we started at 18mo. i would start talking him to the potty after he eats.
    giggleslotz

Answer by giggleslotz at 11:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2011

• I would think so my lil boy jst turned 2 and I've been working on it with him and he pees in the potty no problem if I put him on it but he's still not pooping in it however he will always come to me with his diaper off when he does poop going mommy I pooped lol so cute but I agree jst take him after he eats or try like once a. Hour and when he first wakes up good luck :)
    XxtoxicbeautyxX

Answer by XxtoxicbeautyxX at 12:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I say give it a go. The 3 Day Method is awesome, and suggests trying around 22 months. We did it at 25 months, and it was great! It wasn't perfect after 3 days, however, he was really trained and had it down after a day and a half. Still had accidents here and there for awhile, which is normal for any kid, but he's now 2 months away from being three, and we hadn't had an accident in months, even with a remodel, move, and me returning to work. I'm pretty proud of him!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:14 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• That's a sign he needs to wear a diaper. Usually when he starts going up and down the stairs by themselves is an indicator that their lower mussels are strong enough to hold it.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• yea my rub poop on walls or hand too me yuck gross good luck
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 4:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• maybe its not time i leave my daughter diaper on and wait til she tells me i poop then i take her too the potty but if your son poops on the floor u have to keep bringing him too the potty and tell him this is where you go potty and thats not where u go pointing too the floor.....
    taratennant60

Answer by taratennant60 at 6:52 AM on Jun. 28, 2011