DS overwhelmed by other children

We took him to the nursery at church for the first time and he did ok but not great. He just get's overwhelmed by other kids and I'm just wondering what to do about it? We stay in the room because he's still under their usual required age of 18 months(He's 11 months)
He's an only child,he's the first grandchild on both sides so there is no other kids in the family or the neighborhood really, no mommy play groups that I know of.

So how how do I help him get over this? or do we just kind of have to tough through this?
He also really sucks with not taking other peoples toys but I guess that there is nothing we can do about that but if you have a suggestion for that it would be great.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 12:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• So no ideas?
    lizziebreath

Comment by lizziebreath (original poster) at 12:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• He may just be really shy; start with one child. Maybe there were too many children and he felt overwhelmed. My daughter is very shy and doesn't take well to more then 2 new children at a time.
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 3:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• my son was an only child and hes nine and Im pregnant, hes always be very to hisself when he plays or anything like that, I think its tough when they are an only child, they are not custom to all the roudy surrounding. good luck, I had to tough it out
    kellylong78

Answer by kellylong78 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2011