Relationship issues

My So and I have been ttc for a few months and then out of the blue we got in a huge fight that kinda made me wonder about our whole relationship. Should I get on bc if I feel bad about our relationship now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Depends on how bad and what the blow up was about!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• The big fight was about how we feel differently about so many issues. He just kept telling me that we have nothing in common.
    Anonymous

• Instead of going on bc you could consider just using codoms. That way if you decide to start trying again, your cycles wont be messed up. But if you guys are still having sex, then things don't sound to bad.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• If you have doubts about having a baby with him then seriously, don't have a baby with him. You have the wonderful opportunity of being able to choose who the father of your child is, who you will share parenting duties with for a very very long time. Don't blow that chance. Not fair to the potential child, or either of you. Lots of people who don't have any business in a long term relationship, never mind creating life together, have sex and it is often the only good thing they have. So, even if you guys are still having sex it doesn't mean anything. Talk to him. Maybe he is feeling the frustration of TTC. Maybe he thinks you two aren't ready. If you are both young then he might have valid reasons for feeling that way. This is the man you were willing to create a life with so you should be willing to talk to him about where to go from here.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 3:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Condoms are not reliable. Condom babies are everywhere, SS is one of them. A condom broke. DH didn't want to have a child with his GF at the time, but he was willing to have sex. So, see, often sex means nothing and people don't think of the consequences and it is very unfortunate for all involved. Do not rely on condoms as birth control unless you are absolutely sure you want to have his kid.
    Anonymous

• I would not risk getting pg by someone who thought we had nothing in common and who I was not married to. Maybe this is a time to rethink the status of the relationsjip. The nice thing about dating rather than being married is that either party can walk away at any time. This is precisely why I would stay on BC until I was married for life. It's the only fair thing to do for the children to come. Wishing you the best of luck...

nellyville

Answer by nellyville at 3:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Also DH and his ex have nothing in common, except the kid. It is a bad situation because there will never be any real co parenting or good relationship going on there. To this day he thinks that she shouldn't have gone through with the pregnancy. It isn't a good idea to make babies with someone you don't have much in common with.
    Anonymous

• This is precisely why I would stay on BC until I was married for life. It's the only fair thing to do for the children to come. Wishing you the best of luck...

DITTO.....think of your future kids.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 3:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• even married for life, doesnt mean you have a damn thing in common. my husband and i have been together for seven years and married for five. and we have nothing in common. but our children now. if you want a baby have a baby. you can be perfect companions and not have a single thing in common. trust me.
    weaveress

Answer by weaveress at 5:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2008