For anyone who had a breech baby...

My daughter was born at 37 wks 5 days breech would never turn when i went in for my scane at 20 wks with my 2nd dd they said she is also breech and wanted to keep an eye on me in case there is something about my uterus that doesn't allow the baby to turn has anyone else had their doctors be concerned about this?

krissii

Asked by krissii at 12:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No but i knew that mine had run out of room to turn after about 34 weeks.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 12:19 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I've kind of wondered that though because mine was always breech .
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 12:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• That is a very good question! Nobody said a word about my dd being breech until I went into labor at 38 weeks and they thought they felt a butt...but I was reading about heart shaped uterus' and how sometimes they are only detected by breech babies. The baby runs out of room to turn because of the heart shape of the uterus. I've never been told I have a heart shaped uterus but thought it was interesting.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• No, breech wasn't something that "concerned" anyone.
    My baby was up & down and back and forth, lol.
    But I used midwives so they have a different approach.

Doesn't mean it was your uterus, might be baby's preference...
    Some babies are like this, it's a Variation Of Normal.
    :-)

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:40 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• The doctor was worried because she never turned only when she was 19 weeks she was transverse then she was always heads up so he is worried
    krissii

Comment by krissii (original poster) at 12:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Why be worried? Does your doctor not attend breech deliveries? That happens.
    You can hire another care provider with training and experience~ as the priority.
    And then do some of the successful options to turn if you prefer to deliver your baby vertex, too.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i had a c section with DD because she was breech and i went into early labor so he wanted to keep an eye on me so that i would have extra precautions he also said that if there was a problem with the shape of my uterus turning the baby could hurt the baby
    krissii

Comment by krissii (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• ECV is risky for any uterus, good to avoid!

What kind of experience do you want?
    Do you want a cesarean?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My cesarean with my daughter was a good experience i went in at 6am she was born at 7 am and was walking around very early so we are doing a repeat my midwife told me i could try for a vbac but then i wouldn't see them through the whole pregnancy and the risk of bleeding out with scar tissue was to much of a risk for me to take with a daughter who is only 9 months
    krissii

Comment by krissii (original poster) at 3:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Since VBAC is safer than a repeat c-section I don't know what the heck you are talkiing about with bleeding out. Sounds like fear rather than logic. Now I personally would not try to deliver a breech VBAC, but that doesn't mean you can't just wait until you go into labor and have a U/S done at that time and make your decision then. It isn't like there is a risk to being breech during the pregnancy. You don't have to take the baby early (premature) to avoid some huge risk. Just relax and go to spinning babies.com
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:58 AM on Jun. 27, 2011