Repeating patterns....comfortable in a job.

DH got fired from his last job because he was too outspoken and too comfortable with his job......thinking he was such and asset that he could bend the rules and nobody would do anything about it. So new job, and it's only been a couple weeks and he's checking his email on their computer, texting while on duty....he says that he's allowed to, but somehow I don't believe that a hospital would let you do that. It makes me really uneasy. I've mentioned to him how I feel about it and it seems like he's not phased by it. We've been unemployed for over a year, this is the first job he's gotten and I'm scared out of my mind he's going to jeopardize his job again. What can I do????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• I think he needs a reality check...texting and personal email on the job is usually not allowed at all..especially not at a hospital! Did he learn nothing from his last mistakes?? Maybe you can *gently* remind him that he needs to be careful with this job???
    HistoryPixie

Answer by HistoryPixie at 12:33 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• It doesn't really sound like he's to into it all. Are you working? I would suggest that you make sure you are strongly "backed up" with a great job. It pays to be able to support yourself in the long run.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I agree with the above...I would get a back up plan in action!! These days NO ONE should get too comfortable!! Good Luck!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Well, if he is texting you either don't reply or send him a message that just says get back to work.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 4:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Knock him upside the head?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I agree with above! In this economy he is blessed to have a job- let alone a good one at the hospital. He needs to not take advantage of that!!
    cheapsally

Answer by cheapsally at 6:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2011