Constant/continuous braxton hicks contractions

It is Sunday night at 10:30, on Tuesday I will be 37 weeks pregnant. I have had this happen before.. but it's pretty strong now. I have had like.. one constant braxton hicks contraction for a couple of hours now. My belly is sooo tight and it isn't letting up even for a second. I have had it last for two hours before and then go away, but never quite this tight. It does not hurt, is just very uncomfortable. I tried standing... laying on my side... and I just drank a lot of water. This is not dangerous is it? Any tips?

Sarameow

Asked by Sarameow at 12:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You might try some optimal fetal positioning exercises, walking, showering, yoga, etc.
    Try some meditation-calming practices and Think On what it is you need. Ask baby for it.
    Works for many women!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• When I would get braxton hicks really bad I would take a warm bath with a pillow under my lower back or something, it always made me feel a bit better.
    Baileysmomma813

Answer by Baileysmomma813 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• www.contractionmaster.com

Time your contractions! Good luck to you! Congratulations on the beautiful little package you will soon hold!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:26 AM on Jun. 27, 2011