Not sure if this is right

My fiance and I have been together for 6 years and now I fear that he loves me but isnt in love with me. I feel like he is with me because he wants to be loyal bc we have been together for a while. We get in fights and he pretty much tells me hes not in love but then when it actually comes to me leaving he totally changes his mind. I dont know what to do. How can I stay with somone when deep down I know Im not the right one for them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• 6 years?? why so long? think about that first. what do you want? he may just want what he cant have, when you leave, he all of a sudden loves you, but when you are there he dosnt care? if he did love you why would he tell you he dosnt? thats not what someone in love sais. You are right for him, be cause you enable him. you allow him to treat you poorley. figure out what you want for your life. you should have someone that , when you fight, and its okay to have arguments, he dosnt hurt you. stand up to him and if you want to leave, leave. dont give in to him. then you will see what a coward he really is. Be prepaired though because the more you stand up to him the more hurtfull he will get. you be strong and have the relationship you deserve
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 12:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Im having the same problem I really dont think he is really "in love" with me anymore I know he loves me but not like he should if we are going into this for the long hall!! He never says anything good about the things that I do DO its always everything im not doing and negitive stuff all the time!! He is the first person that iv ever let see my true self and he hates it he like the not real me better I could be wrong I dont know but i just wish he would at least let me know that he wants me or just let me go!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Thank you for replying to my question! your answers really helped. Im just afraid that when I leave him he is going to want me to come back and then what do I do. Its so hard for me to leave. I just really think there has to be a better guy out there for me.

Anonymous

• why is it hard to leave, sit down with yourself and ask yourself that. are you afraid of being alone? dont be , there are plenty of great guys our there. money? anything else? dont let him creat your life for you, waiting for him to let you go. why? all you are doing is enabling him to control your life. Of couse he wants you back when you leave. he wants what he cant have , then you come back and the thrill of the chase is over. this is not a game.
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 2:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2008