The youth are the future of the church-what do you think of this?

I was reading on Facebook about a church in our denomination in our town that we have helped as it has grown. Today one of our leaders was leading music for them and they had 4 teens baptized. One of the comments left was this "congratulations to the youth that were baptized, they are the future of our church" I wanted to know what you all thought about this statement.

My thought is that this statement is true but limited. The youth are the future leaders of churches, but to limit them to that is unfair. God can use anyone to minister or teach, in informal ways usually, anyone who will listen. May God forgive me if I am too prideful to learn from someone simply because of age, or their stage in life, or whatever makes us different.

So what do you all think?

quinnmommy

Asked by quinnmommy at 12:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• the youth are the future of the world, i wouldn't look too much into it. they are our future, who is going to take care of the church and cuch duties when we are too old or dead? the youth! :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I think it cool.. LOL
    angduse1

Answer by angduse1 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I'm sure that statement was meant in a positive way although not defined.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I don't think the comment was limiting in any way. Just because someone says "they are the future of our church" doesn't mean they think that's the ONLY thing life has in store for them. Just about every person who is active in some type of ministry in my church, my pastor included, has other jobs. That's my take on it, but maybe I missed your point.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:17 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Youth are the future of everything
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 3:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2011