Crazy Mommy Moments

OK- fess up. Last week I took my kids to the library for story time. Halfway through, my friend noticed my daughter pulling on her skirt. And then she came over and whispered to me that she had no underwear on! I had been so stressed to get there on time that I spaced getting underwear for my little girl. And she was of course wearing a skirt. So she sat on my lap for the rest of the time so I could hold her skirt down-lol.
And then today I was at a restaurant and took the same daughter to the restroom. When she came out of the stall, she had no shoes on. I can't believe I didn't even notice! She had walked all the way back to the bathroom- the bathroom wasn't even near my table- and I didn't even notice she had taken her shoes off.
OK- its your turn- we know you guys are not perfect-lol.

lauralivivy

Asked by lauralivivy at 1:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I sent my son to school in his PJ's before. I had a LONG night at work and when I woke; my son had ten minutes to catch the bus. I was rushing trying to get his things together and forgot to have him get dressed lol! I didn't realize it until about 15 minutes after he left. I've also forgotten to put shoes on the baby myself.
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 1:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I was talking to another mom one day waiting for our ice rink to open and my kids are standing by the door. I was having a nice conversation when the other mom started laughing and when I turned around, my 4 year old had his pants at his ankles peeing in the parking lot. Oh I was so embarrassed.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I only have 6 months of being a mommy so I do not have many stories yet. My baby was born colicky, so before I read The Happiest Baby on The Block, I used to lay my DD on her tummy in my arms and run around the house semi-fast like superman to get her to sleep. I was clueless on how to soothe her. i would do this with company over. I think they all thought I was nuts and were secretly thinking, "that poor baby...that poor, poor baby...tsk tsk"
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 1:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My son had half a blueberry stuck in his nose. For two days...
    Mom_to_Skyler

Answer by Mom_to_Skyler at 1:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Before i got on Premarin i was all out emotional and one day my 10 yr.old granddaughter looks at me and says granny
    you need to calm down.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 1:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I always forget about food.... Don't know why but I get both dd and I ready and just as we need to leave she says "mommy!!! I'm hungry!!!" so we end up either grabbing a quick thin for in the car and pickin something up on the way or late. My dad always forgot to feed my brothers and I and I picked up the habit!!! I always feel so dumb but it's never on my mind til she says something!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• wow- I'm glad I'm not the only one. I can't believe how crazy life is with 3 kids.
    lauralivivy

Comment by lauralivivy (original poster) at 9:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I was driving down the road with my dd when I heard this sudden rush of air.. I thought she had opened her door. I reached back and grabbed her leg as I swung off the road freaking out. After I stopped I let go of her and looked back. She had opened her window....but it sounded so loud I thought it was the door. I gripped her leg hard enough to leave red finger prints. I felt so bad...but in my panicked mind I was holding her into the car. The red marks were gone by the time we got home but it freaked me out.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2011