Do you think about random things and get mad?

Seriously. My husband spent 98$ for my engagement ring, and $100 for my whole wedding set. (The wedding set I told him I did NOT want, but he wanted)
He spent around$1200 for his 45 pistol and his 22 rifle.

Ugh. I know I sound like a bitch and I'd just be a bitch for bringing that up, or saying it or whatever, but it bugs me. I mean I'm lucky to be married and I shouldnt be focused on the price of my ring. blah blah blah.I know, But, if I were the one who was proposing. I'd spend $1200 on a ring my spouse fell in love with, because shes special and this is a symbol of our forver love and not the cheap dinky one I wanted to save money with.

Call me selfish, but... sometimes I just want to throw his guns in the ocean especially when he has his "boys" over and shows them off. I bet he wouldnt take my hand and show off the symbol of our marriage to eachother.

Not only that, but  I hate talking about proposal stories, cause we don't have one.. -_-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree lol. Yes I get upset over things I find insensitive too.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 1:33 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Eh, not really. I like to think more on the positive side. We don't really have a proposal story either. In fact I didn't get an engagement ring until we had been married for 3 1/2 years. My wedding brand was only $40. But to me none of that matters because I know what is truly important. If you ever feel like thinking about the negative stuff, go do something nice for your husband and I promise you that it will put you in a good mood.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yes i do that but i know its not good for me.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 1:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I wish it were that easy for me. Especially because he promised he would get me the ring I had originally picked out over a year ago. And nooow. They don't make it anymore. It's not that we couldnt afford it, because we could it was well under our max price, but No. He wanted to go cheap.

That ring was the one that gave me chills. So long forever.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I agree with your aggervation. When my husband proposed my ring purchased at a pawn shop. We took it to a local jeweler and had the diamond reset into a simple band. The ring at the pawn shop was 225 dollars, it was yellow gold and had three diamonds. The largest of the three was reset into a 100 dollar simple solitaire band. It was done that way because of finances at the time. Well my band was a simple gold band. He felt bad and decided to upgrade it. Friend's of ours had a son that was 21 and his girlfriend was the same age and they got preggers. He wanted to do the right thing and propose, well, hubby sold him my first set for 150 bucks. It was a great deal bcuz the diamond was beautiful. Fast forward, he got me a new band that was all diamonds and I kept that for 2 years, then I fell in love with a new set that was very antiquey looking. He bought it for me as a surprise for my bday that year. The next year I was in
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 1:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Well I have to say Yes sometimes I get upset over things like this but I will say sometimes I have a right to just as you do.Now I know some people say you shouldn't worry about the price of your wedding ring and it should be about love blah blah. Now what i say is since you like nice things is love all its supposed to be about? I say if your man can buy an expensive rifle he can buy you a nice ring.Its the principal of it.Of course we all would like to be positive everyday but this is not a perfect world that we live in and I don't think its being negative by thinking you deserve a little bit more than you receive.I have been in a situation plenty of times where I have got upset about things but only because I knew I deserved better and when you know your worth and you get less than it than of course your not going to be happy .
    beauti_ful

Answer by beauti_ful at 1:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• cont. an auto accident and that set was put in pawn to pay some bills while the insurance was figured out. Well, he got that one back and this year he found a goregous heart shaped engagement ring along with a stunning semi eternity band and gave that to me for Valentine's day... he added an anniversary band on my birthday last week. I kept the one I had on during the accident because of the sentimental value and the diamond band was traded in to upgrade to the third set. Ok, the reason I am babbling on is because if you are unhappy with the rings you have as time goes on and finances are avalible you are always able to get something you love. i know that I married my man not the ring. I am just very well taken care of and hubby knows how much I love jewelry. I am making sure that each of my children will have an heirloom piece to hand down from generation to generation.

Sorry for going on and on.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 1:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

Have you tried checking ebay for the ring you love???
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 1:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• bcauseimthemom --- Yes, actually I looked right before I posted this. I'm looking, and looking, and I've been looking for weeks. It may have been a limited edition or special edition or something. Idk. Its gone.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I do not think you should worry about feeling like a bitch or selfish. I think that the way you rationalize the situation makes a lot of sense.
    I hope somehow he realizes how his decisions make you feel. I would guess he wasn't think about it that way or he would have rearranged his purchases differently.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 1:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2011