Is this normal for a 9 year old?

Hi all
I am having a problem with my 9 year old. She has been having a hard few weeks. I am wondering if it is normal for a 9 year old to be crying and feeling out of place. Her twin brother is acting normal. But she is acting like a big baby.

BOOGIETHEBOOG

Asked by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 2:21 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• She may be getting ready to hit puberty. Might want to prepare yourselves...
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Is this a sudden change in her? Maybe you can talk to her and see what's bothering her and how you can help her. Also, is she showing signs of puberty? I've read that sometimes with that come emotional changes too. You may want to read the "big kid" section on www.babycenter.com I get regular e-mails from them regarding the changes that my child might be going through. My dd is turning 9 in a couple of weeks and showing signs of puberty and I can tell her attitude is changing. Hope this helps.
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 2:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Have you sat down and talked to her and asked her if anything happened or if anything or anyone is bothering her?
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 3:22 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Ah, the hormones begin!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• her body is going thru changes. puberty hits girls alot sooner than hits boys.......the hormone levels are like a roller coaster ride that she can't get off of.....remember being prego and how you would cry at snuggle commercals...its the same thing.....it is the time to prepare her for her period and other changes....i have a book i use for both of my boys and girls (one for each) it is called the girls body book and the boys is called the boys body book......i sit down with the one who has started this change and we read together and the child is free to ask question they have....it is a time of bonding as well as learning. i will admit with my boys, it was a bit of a giggle fest and alot of oh mom's but it did get down to the learning and questions. my oldest dd is 26 and my oldest twin boys are 24 but if asked they will tell you there isn't any subject taboo with mom. i feel for you as i have a ten year old too.
    southernlady184

Answer by southernlady184 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2011

• i agree w/the other ladies. sounds like puberty is upon her. poor thing! my sister started going through puberty and then got her period at age 9. i got mind at 10. so it's possible. i think it can start as early at 8. sorry hun, good luck! i'd say this...start taking her out (if you can) on mom and me dates. prepare a little spa day and a spa gift set for her to make her feel pretty and take her on a dinner date, just you and her, and let her know that she has you! let her know that you got her back and that WHATEVER it is, she can always come talk to you. i got this idea off of the Cosby Show when Rudy was going through entrance into womanhood. Clair (the mom...that's just in case you don't what i'm referring to) took all the girls out for a pamper me day when each of them was beginning puberty. good luck!
    HappyHmsklNapps

Answer by HappyHmsklNapps at 3:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2011