Girls sleepover parties - at what age?

at what age did you let your daughter sleep over at a friend's house? My dd will be 9 in a couple of weeks. Last year her best friend had a sleepover for her birthday and I didn't feel comfortable leaving her there at night, so I picked her up late (right before the girls went to sleep). This summer she's invited to the same girl's sleepover and another friend's sleepover. I know both sets of parents. I've been to her best friend's house once and never to the other couple's house. I feel very uncomfortable leaving her, specially someone's house that I've never been to. Her friends are asking her why she can't stay. What's your opinion?

Ashoonik

Asked by Ashoonik at 2:34 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I let my twins stay over at their friend's house only after I met and got to know the parents.I think it was around age 9. It all depends on how comfortable you and your daughter is. My younger daughter wasn't ready for sleep overs until she was 10. That's because she was shy. My youngest son is 11 and STILL hasn't slept anywhere but home. I don't think he will ever be ready because he is just so close to us.
    Macr5

Answer by Macr5 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I started at six. But it depends on how well the child comprehends.
    missaprill

Answer by missaprill at 7:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2011