Does anyone have any ideas or tips for gifts or party activities for a Going Away Party?

I am having a going away party for a couple that have become good friends of mine ever since I met my husband 5 yrs ago. However this couple has been good long time friends of his for 15 yrs before we met. Anyways they recently sold their house and are moving down to S. Cali to a smaller house they have kept for many yrs, their kids are all grown and have moved out of state and basically they downsized and decided they wanted to be in a different city. I've never thrown a going away party before and I'd appreciate any tips or etiquette, or just ways to make this party memorable for them. I'm welcoming every response I get on this one because I am going in to this with blinders on. The party will be held at my house, backyard has tiki bar and is spacious for entertaining, I'm expecting probably 30-37 guests......WOW what have I done?

Adjustingspace

Asked by Adjustingspace at 2:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Entertainment