Am I the only one who doesn't have a facebook account?

It seems everyone nowadays has a facebook account and they're all staying in touch via facebook. I feel it's just another thing to keep track of and check all the time, like e-mail. Then last week I read that if you're looking for a job, it's very important to have a positive presence on the internet... such as FB or linkedin.

Ashoonik

Asked by Ashoonik at 2:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Technology

• I was late getting on facebook, then it took another year before I actually used it. Now I am on it constantly! I have made friends all over the world, cried with them, laughed with them, and played games with them. It has been so nice, to see the cousins talking and keeping in touch over facebook. When one of them has a baby, we all get to see it then, instead of waiting till 5 years down the road to meet the kid at a funeral or wedding! My sister's two kids live a hour and 2 hours away, this way she gets to see them every day,and keep up on what they are doing! The thing to remember is that everything you post is available for all of your friends to see, unless you send them a pm, or chat with them. So you can't be gossiping about one, or talking behind anybody's back, because there is no anonymity on there!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 3:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I just joined a few weeks ago and the only reason I did was because I was trying to win an Amazon gift card lol..but I'm glad I joined...it's pretty cool seeing what people I went to high school with and havent seen or spoken to in 10 years are up to =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:58 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• you have a lot of control over whats private! You can even block people on your friends list from seeing things you dont want them to
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yes
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 3:19 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i just recently created one a few weeks ago so don't feel bad lol! I used my space.
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 4:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• is there a setting to keep things private between me and people who are friends with me on FB? or will anyone googling my name see everything on my FB page?
    Ashoonik

Comment by Ashoonik (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2011