I get so frustrated with him sometimes!

I've posted about this before. My husbands lack of hygiene is seriously making me want to give up. He'll take a shower if I tell him to, but Um. I'm not his mother. I'm so frustrated that I can't have sex with my husband without almost gagging. I mean seriously. Even his sweat smells. Maybe its not entirely his fault, because I am pregnant so I can smell dinner before I cook it. But this is too much.

IDK what to do anymore!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I sympathize. I don't know why my husband is so allergic to bathing, either.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 3:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I'm sorry! My dad used to bathe and brush his teeth only on Sunday's or an occasion! It drove my mother insane because he is a diesel mechanic so he'd have grease all over the house and balls of it in his hair. My dh is opposite and freaks out because I don't brush my teeth 3 times a day... I swear he takes longer in the bathroom than the average woman. If we have an hour to get ready he spends 45 minutes in the bathroom taking over our only sink and leaves me 10 minutes then says "your gross, why didn't you shower". I think we should be allowed on punch in the face a week............
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• that sucks big time and it is very gross... did u know about his bad hygiene before u got with him / while u were just dating ? because if u did and u still stayed with him...i don't know what to tell yah. how long are u willing to put up with this ?
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Have a heart to heart with him, let him know that its unacceptable
    janettemtz

Answer by janettemtz at 5:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• How important is it to him that you and he sleep in the same bed? If it's important to him, I would tell him that we only sleep in the same bed if he's had a shower that day or in the last two days or whatever time limit you care to set. Then stick to it. If he hasn't had a shower in the prescribed length of time, sleep on the couch. I don't know what his problem is with bathing, but you need to draw some boundaries and enforce them. You have to find something that is important to him and withhold it, just like he is withholding something that would please you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:40 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Set up all the things he will need to shower and tell him you want some special attention in the bedroom. And how you like the way he smells after he takes a shower. Make sure you are snazzy up too. And if he doesn't get the hint move to the sofa.
    cmholt

Answer by cmholt at 8:19 AM on Jun. 27, 2011