What can you put on your nails so they can grow strong and thick?

But naturally. Without any type of polish.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Prenatal vitamins can help. Also make sure you're getting enough vitamin E in your diet. It's in sunflower seeds, canola oil, and other plant oils.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Let 'em breathe. No polish! Once a week, dip the nail tips in vinegar for a few, not so your fingers get pruny, but just long enough that your nail tips will whiten a little and won't break. (Experiment with the length of time, as some people have more porous nails than others.)

My nails get very long, almost an inch, but I don't do anything to take care of them other than the above, and I only do it maybe every 2 weeks to once a month because Hubby has a bad reaction to vinegar. I can't have it in the house without him knowing. :-) Once in a while my rugrat wants to paint my nails, and that's when I ended up breaking one or two, but other than that -- they stay long. I usually cut them after a certain point though, cuz I can't type as fast and I can't use my BlackBerry keyboard as well when my nails are long. ;-)
    domesticrecluse

Answer by domesticrecluse at 5:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Almond oil is great to rub on your nails. It even kind of makes them look like they have a clear coat of polish, though not quite as shiny. Also taking prenatal vitamins and making sure you get plenty of protein in your diet.
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 7:23 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• gelatin capsules will help
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• This will sound bizzare, but after I work out in the soil, my nails drive me nuts because they have grown and are hard as rocks. I can't stand long nails on me.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 12:56 AM on Jun. 30, 2011

• I put extra nail polish on mine and that makes them grow like crazy also i push my cuticles in alot.
    RedneckSammie20

Answer by RedneckSammie20 at 9:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2011