Did you have a Christmas Stocking when you were younger?

I never did ........My Darling Daughter Is having a stocking every year i think its a cute little concept ,

What did you open first your gifts or the stocking???

LexsiesMommy

Asked by LexsiesMommy at 12:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Holidays

• When I was a kid we have stocking but they contained no presents. Hard candy in the toe then nuts, an apple, an orange and a banana sticking out the top. That is what we could eat before Christmas dinner..period. As adults we have broken the habit..but Mom still trys to revert now and then.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• We had stockings and opened those first. We were allowed to dig into those before the parents were up. We had to wait for the gifts :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I still have the very same stocking I had when I was born. It's 50 years old now. haha. We always did stockings before gifts.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• We all had stockings, though dad usually forgot to put moms gifts in hers (he would wrap them and put them under the tree). I always saved mine for last, but there was no standard in my family as to when to open it.

Usually we got personal hygene things, and a paperback book or two :)
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 12:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Yes, every year
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 12:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I did and still do. at my parents house, we open stockings then gifts. at my nana's house(on xmas eve) we do the same. at my other grandma's house*xmas day) we do the grandkids gifts, then the "adults" gifts(i am 23 but also one of the grandkids) and the stockings for the grandkids. I have been filling my cousin's stockings for a few years now since my grandma wasnt going to do them anymore. to me, its not xmas without stockings!
    Anonymous

• We always had stockings and that was my favorite part. I insisted on continuing the tradition with my family. I even get my dogs stockings and always put a bone and a toy in them for each dog. We always opened stockings first and still do.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I had a stocking growing up, I still do and so does my husband and the kids. Even the dog has one. We open our stockings first then our presents.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 1:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• We have stockings. There was ALWAYS an apple and an orange at the bottom of my stocking. So i carry on that tradition. my goal every year is to put as little candy as possible in it ( I do the same thing with Easter baskets!). They are filled with dollar tree stuff and this year a Webkinz!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:07 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• LOL Ok I am going to be 35 on the 30th and my mother still hangs stockings up for all of us and she stuffs them for us and that is what we open on Christmas eve night.
    Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 2:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2008