Do you think there is a before-life just as there is an afterlife?

I was just thinking about this today cause someone was asking about when they can get pregnant. I was going to say when the baby is ready to come into the world. It got me wondering if there might be spirits waiting to come into the human world just as there are who leave the human world. I know it sounds kinda looney and I'm probably going to get a lot of criticsm for this but do you ever wonder about that?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 4:40 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not talking about re-incarnation, btw.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 4:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yes, I absolutely do!!!!
    Gwynyth

Answer by Gwynyth at 4:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• No.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 5:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Sorry, I posted my reply before I was done.... A few weeks ago, my 22 month old daughter, who was 20 months at the time found a pic of my grandfather who passed away in 1996. She found it in a box I had not yet unpacked. I heard her say "Hi" so I went to see what she was doing. She held the pic out to me and said, "This mummy's ampa." She'd never seen a pic of him before and I haven't spoken of him to her because I am not sure how to explain that he died long before she was born.
    I honestly believe she met him in Heaven before her birth. But then, I believed that before the day she found the pic.
    Gwynyth

Answer by Gwynyth at 5:04 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Wow Gwynth! That's amazing!

Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 5:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• yes, i believe we hang out in the astral world, or "heaven" whatever anyone wants to call it, before we're born & after we die.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• No, that's not something I personally believe
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Neither, I guess. I mean "Before" you are bor and before being conceived you are merely a single cell in you mother's ovaries containing half the genetic material. Your other 'half" is in your dad, in one of his little spermies. Then it's the whole biological reproduction thing, and then you have to take into account that what you mean by "spirit" is not necesarily the same as what others considert o be a "spirit.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Since you are half your mom and half your dad, perhaps you inherit their memories while being formed in the womb.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• no
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2011