is it possible that someone used Condom when making sex and later found out she is pregant.

the fiance sex her girl wt condom and 6day later the girl found out that she is pregnant; is it possible.

Oluchi N.

Asked by Oluchi N. at 5:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• 6 days later is mighty soon to find out one is pregnant.

and yes.... condoms slip off or they could have tiny holes in which a small amount of seminal fluid could leak through.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 5:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• She had to get pregnant by someone else. It take 18 to get a positive test and it takes 7 days for the fertilized egg to reach the uterus. So she was already pregnant.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 5:04 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• its possible to get pregnant while wearing a condom ( I did). How ever the girl would not know in 6 days.
    GEMs_mommy

Answer by GEMs_mommy at 6:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yes, it can happen and he's now 11 yrs olds.
    I agree with fellow posters, she was probably already pregnant - 6 days... hmmm...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 6:05 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I agree with previous posters as well; there is no possible way that she can have a positive pregnancy test 6 days after having intercourse unless she was already pregnant. Using a condom does not mean you won't get pregnant. I have a 6 year old who is living proof (and I was on birth control). The condom broke in my case; and my boyfriend never told me.

Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 6:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• It IS possible to get pg and use a condom. They say that they are 99% effective, but that is 99% effective with the ones that do not have some sort of factory defect. There is something like an 11% defect rate, so that means that they're really only about 88% effective...

Also, it depends on each individual, I wouldn't use the 6 day thing to determine that she was already pg. I would wait and use ultrasounds, etc, or, if need be, a paternity test after she has the baby to determine that.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• While I am not sure of the accuracy of the the timing you mentioned (6 days) as everyone's cycle is different. BUT to answer your question, yes you can still get pregnant while using a condom. Sometimes they tear, break, have a hole, or leak.... I would suggest she take a pregnancy test, or better yet go see an ob/gyn have a test there and a pelvic exam.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:16 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• 6 days is way to early to tell, sometimes condoms do tear or leak,
    kellylong78

Answer by kellylong78 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• deff sounds like she was already pregnant...

condoms always break on SO and i,, we've tried almost every kind... i have no clue why !! we gave up on buying them.
    pipsqueak01

Answer by pipsqueak01 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2011