At what age would you allow your son or daughter to have a facebook account ?

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 5:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Entertainment

• You have to be 13 to have a FB account. A week before my daughter turned 13, I tried to set one up for her, and it would not let me.
    On the day she turned 13, we tried again, and it worked. So unless you are going to lie about your kid's age in order for them to have a FB account, and why would you do that, they will just have to wait until they are at least 13.

Oh, and if you lie about your child's age, they will delete the page. Eventually.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 5:12 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My kids have had a facebook account for over a year and they're only 11 and 12. All of their friends have accounts, as well.
    The rule is that I have acess to the acount and I have to be their friend, to see what's going on.
    A friend of mine, just had a baby and made the baby his own page he was like 3 days old. Its to share comments and photos.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I don't think I want my kids to have one until they are 15 or 16....I know you can have one at 13 but in my opinion (for MY household) that is too young
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:49 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• well right now my oldest is only 4 and I am sure when she gets older there will be something bigger and better than facebook lol...

But, i think I would go on how mature my kid is... if they are like 12 adn want a facebook so they can talk to long distance realtives and such ( an easier way to communicate and send photos) then I wouldnt care.... or even if they wanted it for friends... as long as I have access to it and they dont spend alot of time on it , i wont make a big deal out of it.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 6:43 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i told her she has to be 14...MAYBE 13, but we'll see when she gets there.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• When they are old enough to be responsible about having one. Not sharing info with everyone that might ask, not posting inappropriate pics, etc. My step-sister had her girls on at like 4 and 5, which I think is ridiculous.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• 16
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:19 AM on Jun. 27, 2011