should you always believe your "gut" feeling ?

i just wonder sometimes if my "gut" feeling is just what i want to believe? thoughts anyone?

rachysan

Asked by rachysan at 6:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• it depends on what is causing ur "gut" feeling and if there's any reason for it. but we have those instincts for a reason. 2 protect ourselves. if i knew what was causing ur "gut" feeling, i could give u a better answer, but i hope this one helps.
    ireshgurl

Answer by ireshgurl at 6:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Your "gut" feeling could also be consider intuition. If it's something you've relied on before that has helped you out, then it's likely that your "gut" feeling is a certain intuition trying to speak to you. It's always good to listen to those inner voices.
    renee.shupe

Answer by renee.shupe at 6:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Ive always been taught to go with that gut feeling. the times that i have gone against that gut feeling are the times things became screwed up or became a really bad situation.

I have NEVER regreted going with that gut feeling BUT I have regreted several times going against it
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 7:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I always trust my instincts. Period. Not to get all religious, lol, but I believe that my conscious is driven by God and I would never not listen to Him. If all of my gut feelings had been things I wanted to believe, then maybe I would question it. However, I've had gut feelings about all kinds of things. For instance, when I was pregnant with my son I said from day one that he was a boy and that it was my instincts telling me that. I was told at a 20 week ultrasound that they were 99% sure it was a girl. I maintained to everyone to not get us anything yet because it was BOY and not a girl. Many people respond to this and say, "Well, you wanted a boy" but NO lol. I wanted a girl, I really truly did...but I just had gut feelings it wasn't a girl *shrug*. I've had my gut feelings say many more things (bigger and smaller in relevance) to me and I've always listened to them - and have yet to have my instincts fail me.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• It depends. If my gut feeling is a positive one, I take it as that from the holy spirit (or God) and a good thing, which can't hurt to follow. if it is really dark and/or untrue, I know it is my depression talking and to not really give it another thought.

A worry, I tend to think is something we have no control over and it can hurt our health literally. but a 'mother's intuition' moment, I definately GO WITH. You (and sometimes you alone) know if a cry from your child is serious or not, or if something is wrong health-wise.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Yes you should

Answer by admckenzie at 8:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• IF I HAD FOLLOWED MY GUT FEELING I WOULD NOT BE IN THE PREDICTAMENT I AM IN NOW---FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCTS. IT MAY BE GOD'S LITTLE WHISPER!!!
    gale12

Answer by gale12 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• yep thats your conscience womens intution whatever lol
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Ever since I found out my husband cheated and all those gut feelings I was having but ignored them, because I trusted him. grrrr I always go with my gut now.
    Anonymous

• unless that gut feeling is gas, yep.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2008