Did you know...

Did you know that if you do not post anon. on this website, and you go and google your screen name and CafeMom, tons of stuff that you have posted shows up on the internet?? So how is it that people want to change the way that anon. is used? I am sorry but I do not want all my questions, any problems that I may have, even silly things that I answer (because yes a question that I answered about nose picking was on there!!) to be all over the internet!! Does anybody else feel the same way? And was anybody else aware of this? When I signed up I thought ONLY CafeMom members were allowed to see any of this!!! I am pretty angry about this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Hi,

Security and privacy are important, and we believe CafeMom gives some of the best and most comprehensive tools to protect your security.

Here is a link to our CafeMom Security and Privacy Tips. We hope that this information helps answer your questions:

http://www.cafemom.com/about/privacy_tips.php

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

^The CafeMom Admin Team

CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 12:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Yeah I did know that. i actually googled my screen name the other day, but only 2 of my old questions came up. I've asked 100s and answered 1000s and only 2 showed up. No big.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I have always believed that nothing on the internet is totally secure, so I don't say anything that I would be unwilling to admit to in public.
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 12:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Were you really under the impression that the internet was private?
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• People who believe privacy or security occur on the internet should just sell their computer. It is about as safe and secure as walking down a subway tunnel at rush hour.
    Anonymous

• No, however I had my profile set to "only CafeMom Members could view" So CafeMom is not really doing their job since anyone can go on there and view shit.
    Anonymous

• Basically, no matter what anyone says, you can't trust them. You should never put in your credit card information and you should never ever write anything or post anything that you don't want other people to see. That is why they should NOT do away with the anon. button!!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 12:38 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I really don't see why everyone is so worked up about the Anon button. Yeah, it gives some people license to be mean bc no one knows who they are, BUT it also keeps other people's noses out of your business, like you said.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:54 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

The questions and public posts you make have nothing to do with your profile. If you sign out of cafemom and can still see your profile then you have an issue and you need to contact cm. If you were still signed in, then of course you can see your profile you are a member. You can check your privacy by clicking the preview how others see your profile box under your ID on your profile. As for the other content even if you choose to show to friends only, the titles may still show up when you google. Cafemom is part of the internet and searchable as such.

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:07 AM on Dec. 15, 2008