Waking up without waking up the husband?

Is there a way to get up in the morning without waking up your husband? I wake up an hour and a half before him, and, though he says it's OK, I know I wouldn't be too happy having to wake up so much earlier every day and having to fall back asleep!

I used a vibrating alarm for a while, but ever since we got the new mattress I sleep so well it doesn't wake me up anymore!!

I've tried putting my alarm on low under my pillow, but it still wakes him up. I'm pretty sure there are no other options, but I figured it can't hurt to ask!

cypressandsage

Asked by cypressandsage at 6:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• If he says he doesn't mind and you're waking for good reason and being as quiet as you reasonably can, just carry on. YOu may not like the idea of being in his situation but then you aren't in that situation. Don't add stress and guilt where they need not be. Your hubby's fine enough with it. x
    Womamhood

Answer by Womamhood at 8:54 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• DH might wake up when i get out of bed, but he won't open his eyes. He's usually right back asleep as soon as i close the door.

Neither of us care if one of us happens to get up first & wake up the other. It's not a big deal.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Wow he must be a light sleeper! I have to sleep with a fan which helps drown out noise, then I have an alarm clock on a night stand right be my ear. The fan keeps him from hearing it.

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 7:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I think it just friends on what kind of sleeper he is. I am a very light sleeper and there is no way that my hubby could wake up without me knowing. The other way around though, I can easily wake up and he well stay asleep for forever.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Sleeping with another person is just like that. You just get use to getting woke up. My DH has been using an alarn to wake up for 22 years of marriage. Now I do not even wake up. Or I wake up tell him to get up and then go back to sleep.
    The only way to not wake him up is to sleep in a different room.

Answer by louise2 at 7:18 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I can't think of any other options besides sleeping on the couch..which o know is not a option since you have that nice comfy bed :)
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 7:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My husband never gets up from my alarm. Yoiurs sounds like a light sleeper.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My husband gets up first. I wake up but stay in bed and snooze, and after he leaves I usually am back to sleep.

Answer by Bmat at 7:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My DH could have someone sitting on his chest screaming at him and he'd just roll over. lol He doesn't wake up very easily at all. He has to get up several hours before me to go to work, and I'm usually the one that has to wake him up. The alarm will go off FOREVER if I don't. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Both my husband and I are light sleepers, so it doesn't matter. Most mornings I have to wake up before him (especially during school days). Yeah, he gets woken up, but he's usually right back to sleep!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2011