Do you have a fairytale relationship???

I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years now, and I never thought that I would ever be this happy with someone. We just had a little girl a few months ago, and she has made us so much closer, which I didnt think was possible! I never knew what real love was, and I still dont think I completely understand, but it just keeps getting better! People try to rain on our parade all the time, saying things like, oh just wait a few more years, you will hate eachother, and fight all the time. I dont see why people are so negative about others relationships, is it because they are jealous? Has anyone on here been in what seems like a fairytale relationship their whole life? I am just wondering if this little love story of ours is going to last like we thnk it is, or if its going to turn to crap like a lot of our friends and family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• Your very lucky and actually the first years are suppose to be the hardest so I think it will only get better as you will get stuck in your "good relationship habits" My DH and I are doing the opposite of you.
    Anonymous

• I would have to say yes we do.
    PurpleDawn

Answer by PurpleDawn at 12:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I totally don't want to rain on your parade, but there is no such thing as a fairytale relationship. I think you need to have rough times to make it all worth it. If you can survive the toughest of times, that's a true test of love. But I think it's awesome how happy you are. Keep working at it and you will last forever! Try reading this book: Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs. If you put the principals in this book in action, your marriage will be so blessed.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Me and my husband have been married for 6-7yrs and love each-other dearly, he treats me like a queen and cherishes his sons, he is so romantic, we are both 25 and have 5 boys together, and i could'nt be more happy so i defiantly think you will be the same.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 12:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• We have a modern fairytale! We met online on a dating site and after chatting awhile, met in person and liked each other enough that we never left each other again! We've known each other two years and have been married 3 months and are happier than either of us has ever been. My sisters and friends were all like noo... don't meet someone you met online! He'll be a serial killer, axe murderer, kitten stomper and cheat you out of all your money. LOL!

Girl, don't listen to the naysayers! They're just jealous! I'm happy for you.
    TeeJai

Answer by TeeJai at 12:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• If you have a fairytale relationship in your eyes then dont let anyone piss on your parade!! both of you are obviously doing something right and its working so keep it going and tell everyone else to go to hell!! And no I do not have a "fairytale" relationship!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Mine isn't a "fairytale," but the rough times make it fun and interesting, and make me appreciate the good times all the more.

Enjoy what you have. I hope it lasts for a very long time, but if it doesn't, enjoy the rollercoaster ride that most of us get.
    mom2alan

Answer by mom2alan at 1:04 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Don't let anyone say it can't happen, because YES, it can. I have seen a couple married for 30 years and still act like newleyweds.Don't listen to the ones who say it won't happen, etc. Just keep doing what you are doing and things will be ok. Everyone has problems, big and small, but that doesn't mean you don'tlove someone.No matter who you are, you can have a bad day. IMO you don't have to read about it, just do what you are doing.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i've been with my husband for a total of three years now. we have a nine month old and once we got married we got EVEN closer. And i didn't think that was possible either. There is no perfect relationship. And not all fairytale relationships were perfect either. Were all human nothing we do will be PERFECT, however if its your fairytale then ignore EVERYONE else. I know i have found my fairytale relationship. We don't fight.. we had only two "big" disagreements that to most people would be small. We respect each other and just love each other and we have patience for each other. So i'm in the same relationsihp that you are :) Isn't it great!!!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Pffftt Fairytale? Were in counseling right now. We are very different people and it causes some problems. It can be a good thing because we challenge each other but we have had a rough time lately.
    Daemons_mommy

Answer by Daemons_mommy at 1:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2008