How long did it take for you to get back to your pre pregnancy weight? Also, when did you start to exercise again?

kb81888

Asked by kb81888 at 7:28 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was back to my prepregnancy weight about 2-3 months later. I breast feed so that was how I lost the weight.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 7:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• About 9 months. I breast fed and was chasing around a 3 yr old as well as my Dd.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 8:37 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• it's been 5 years and two kids later and i still have 7 pounds hanging around.. 130 doesn't look too bad though
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• About 6 months. I breastfed and that definitely helped, but it wasn't until I stopped that I lost the last 5lbs with any of my kids. They are saying now that when you breastfeed, your body holds on to a small fat reserve to ensure that you can continue to make the milk you need, and i think it is true in my experience. I gave birth 3 weeks ago, and I just started exercising a little again. Don't rush yourself on the exercise. Make sure you are healing properly before you try anything, and start slowly to make sure you don't start bleeding more heavily. If you do, you are probably over exerting yourself.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• About 4 mths, I breastfeed and take walks every day
    babyhuey2

Answer by babyhuey2 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Less than a month. But I also weighed 20 lbs less after having baby than I did when I got pregnant because I lost weight the first 4 months due to morning sickness. Its going to be the same this time. I've only gained like 5 lbs so far and I'm 37 weeks pregnant.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I was back in my regular clothing two weeks after I had my son. I only gained 20 pounds my son was almost 10 pounds so I didn't have much to lose. I started exercising after 5 weeks when my doctor gave me the OK. I exercised and was in shape before having my son and continued to exercise during the pregnancy. My doctor told me I would recover very quickly because I was in shape.

Anonymous

• IT took me forever. I went on the "break up" diet about 8 months after my DD was born. I plan to do a lot better after this one. I tried to exercise like 4 weeks after she was born...don't do that.
    CashsMama

Answer by CashsMama at 1:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• with my first no matter what i did i could never get my weight back ...until my second pregnancy and i lost so much in my first trimester that i am now only 5lbs from my pre pre baby weight
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2011