5 year old good at school but does no act the same home

he is 5 years old, he does not speak clearly, he screams with a sharp sound when is told to stop something, his always answers you stop, you quite and spits a mother face is she is laughing with the family, goes directly to her and say be quite. he does not stop this behavior, the mother says that she did everything in the book, time out, take away toys and at school he is an angel. has dark spot under the eyes and when you spek to him he does not look at you all the way, he just rushes you off. he goes all the way to other kids faces and scream at them or begs for them to play with them.

Please Please help me. this child is my nephew and I want to help him now, to make him be able to share good times with the family. please

chinita38

Asked by chinita38 at 8:01 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• sounds like he needs super nanny and some adhd meds to me!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:10 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• He could have autism, a mild form such as asbergers, my son would do some similar behaviors, if he has issues with personal space , meaning invading anothers, like up in there face, or not staring in your face when you talk to them directly, those are syptoms. if he also have sensitivy issues , with sounds even though hes loud, or hot cold, it could be possible, if he has it , than be prepared for a hectic journey, with lots of explaining to everyone in the family, and believe it or not, my son who is now almost ten, is way different, but when he was small absolutely a different story, hang in there, and love will find a soultion. I pray all goes well with this child, and you find the answers you seek
    kellylong78

Answer by kellylong78 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Sounds to me like this child needs Parents who give a damn, not meds or a "diagnosis"......if they are laughing when he screams or spits in their faces. The dark spots under his eyes could mean that he needs more sleep, if they don't inforce behavior, why would they inforce bedtime, etc. If he had a real problem, then he wouldn't be able to behave appropriately at school, but he does, because the expectations and punishments are consistent. The parents are the problem, not the child.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 9:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2011