Husbands who lose things

I don't know about your husband....but mine loses things and then blames everyone but himself. Someone must have moved his clothes, someone must have hidden them, or whatever. This morning it was his work clothes. He called me when I was at work and wanted me to come back and get our kid because he could not find his clothes. So I was supposed to be late to work because he couldn't find his stuff.

He couldn't find his uniform one day and I kept telling him the check the truck. He refused. I told him he had come in wearing civies the night before. Still didn't believe me. So I had to finish getting ready and walk out to the truck and get his uniform.

Anyone else have a husband who can't take responsibility for himself?

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 8:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• In some way or another, I think this applies to everyone's husband at least once. Mine has a way of implying that everyone else is treating things harshly and nearly breaking things or actually breaking them....I think alot can be said just for having things awhile, and them being used and breaking down on their own:)
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 8:20 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yep! He called me from GERMANY once to ask me where DD put his stupid PT cap. It was on his side of the bed under the blankets he had kicked off when he went to get the phone so he could call me... really?!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:24 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My husband's mother raised him to be an adult who takes responsibility for himself and his actions, but even if she hadn't, the very first time that kind of crap got slung, I would have yanked him up short and sharp and explained that just because it seems like I can do anything and everything doesn't mean I want to spend my precious few free moments finding his things or listening to the tales of the gnomes who so obviously steal his things.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:04 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I am in the process of divorcing my guy. He used to hide things and blame me for moving them. But he's nuts!
    blessmeplease

Answer by blessmeplease at 9:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• my dh will lose something and go nuts for a bit looking for it on his own....if he sees me in the middle of something he will start saying stuff like "this is driving me nuts" and i still dont help...."Cassie, help me find my _____" but he'll be all demanding...the whole time I am usually thinking that he's the one driving himself nuts and if he would calm down for a minute he'd find what he would be looking for faster lol
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My DH has ADHD. When he forgets his meds he forgets everything bless his heart. Not his fault and I dont mind keeping an eye out on where he lays down his things. Besides, he thinks I'm physic because I always know where everything is LOL!!
    texasfarmmom

Answer by texasfarmmom at 11:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Somebody else must have broken it, lost it, hidden it. It's always somebody elses fault!! I absolutely understand where you're coming from! Every time I find whatever it is, I point out HE did it lol, maybe one day he'll accept responsibility. :o/
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:37 AM on Jun. 28, 2011