Any home remedies for a UTI??

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 8:19 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Health

• You can cure a UTI on your own. If you can't I would have been dead for about 25 years now. No need to run to antibiotics if they aren't necessary.

Cranberry juice and lots of it. Look for the kind with the highest concentration and lowest sugars. They usually have "cooking" sort of juices. Drink a lot right before bed, then again in the morning, and continue after the pain stops for a day or two.

Also corn silk, there are pills you can buy in the health food stores. It keeps the germs or whatever from hanging on to your bladder.

If you start to get a fever, go to the doctor, but I have never gotten a fever.

Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:33 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I would go to the doctor. This is nothing to play around with, UTI;s are serious. I have had them all my life and was in the hospital for one that went to the kidney. Feel better..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Its vile, but mix baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), about a tsp with as little water or juice to make it liquid, but smallest mouthful possible. I suggest having a large glass of water or juice to chase because it is disgusting, and repeat every few hours until relieved, but i find it helps. Or ocean spray Cranberry juice and drink loads of it.you maybe able to buy sodium bicarbonate capsules from a health food store maybe?also drink loads of water, this will dilute urine andhelp flush out all the nasty buggys which have decided to make your bladder home. Hope this helps:)
    06Lilraysmom

Answer by 06Lilraysmom at 8:32 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• you can treat the symptoms of a UTI, but you need a doctor to cure it. Otherwise it will go to your kidneys and then you will end up in the hospital
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:25 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• GO TO A DOCTOR! If you do not get it treated you could end up with a KIDNEY INFECTION and that could lead to renal failure!
    NEVER PLAY AROUND with home remedies when it comes to your UTI!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• You can drink a teaspoon of baking soda in water. It doesn't taste good, but it worked for me. I drank it twice a day until the UTI was gone.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 9:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2011