My 6.3 week old daughter only wakes up once after her bedtime (5AM) and...

it's only to be changed and nurse for 5 or 10mins before falling back asleep. I'll burp her and try to get her to wake up to eat more, but it's pointless, she's out haha. It's like she's just grabbing a snack before going back to bed. I'm wondering if she really needs to be waking up at this time? I've never tried getting her back to sleep and she doesn't wake up upset. She's usually just moving around making noises and that's what wakes me up. My husband dream feeds her at around 1AM before he goes to bed so it's not like she's going a really long time in between feedings. I'm just kind of worried that if she skips this snack feeding and I CAN get her back to sleep easily, that she'll wake up an hour or two sooner than she usually does. I'm already pretty tired from her getting up at 8AM, any earlier and I might need a nap haha.

ours

Asked by ours at 8:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The women in my family would SCREAM to you "never wake a sleeping baby!!" LOL. I know your worry though. It has taken me 3 kids to stop waking them up when I feel that they are going too long. As long as she seems satisfied and eats heartily during the day, I would let her sleep.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY! Whew, that's done lol. Also put her in her room, then you won't wake up when she's moving around. Both my kids were noisy sleepers too
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:22 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Oh I would never wake her up at night to feed her! She's up when I get her, just not upset or anything. After a while she starts to fuss a little so I get her up because I figure she's got to be hungry. I think when she's a couple months old I might try getting her back to sleep without nursing and see what happens.
    ours

Comment by ours (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• All 5 of mine were sleeping from around 11 PM to 7 AM by the time they were 2 months old - no need for them to be waking.

Answer by missanc at 3:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• If that baby isn't screaming for food then I would not wake her up. LOL My son was the same. If they are hungry they will let you know. If you see her weight stagnant or dropping, that's when you need to worry about her not getting enough nourishment.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I think you're doing just fine :) All three of ours and our youngest is 5 1/2 months slepts all night 8pm - and we have to wake her at 5:30 to leave for work. As long as he's gaining weight just fine there's nothing to worry about. Babies are smarter than we think, he will cry when he's hungry. As for waking when he moves, I think that's a motherly instince, I personally wouldn't move my baby into another room at this age, I wake up to check breathing and if she coughs.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 9:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2011