How long after childbirth did you get back to your full housekeeping routine?

My newest is 3 weeks old and I could gag at my house. Today's the big day...it has to be cleaned from top to bottom. I have tried to keep up with laundry and vacuuming at least, but, sigh, the house is a wreck.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Around a week. I had help though thank God. People always came over to help keep the laundry and house clean until I was back on my feet.

Answer by gemgem at 8:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I didn't have a choice, as soon as I walked into the door I had laundry to do, dishes to wash and a house to clean.. DH was deployed and was in Germany 5000 miles from family with a newborn and a 3 year old.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• LOL Zoejains...I can relate. With my first two, my LP was out of state for work and was not able to come home until they were about 2 months old. This time, he is home, and amazingly, its not much different than when he was gone in the level of help I get. My trash gets taken out, but that's about it! At least he will play with the baby while I clean!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 8:52 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• As soon as I got home, DH had to work
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 8:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Well......it's been almost five years and I don't have the same routine that I had pre-kids.

Some days I get just enough done to keep us from going hungry and wearing dirty clothes. Other days it's a (mostly) full cleaning.

Your priorities take a hit once you're sharing your attention with kids.

Mom_to_Skyler

Answer by Mom_to_Skyler at 9:09 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• with my first one, i lived with my parents , had to try and get into a routine when we came home, after 10 days in the hospital. it was hard to get into a routine right away . he had some health issues had to eat every 2 hours for the first two months even through out the night , i tried to pump for a while and he needed extra meds added to bottles so it was very difficult at first.
    this time i dont know exactly what is gonna happen, i live with my SO and my 2.5 yr old DS so im not sure exactly how things will go, SO will have to go back to work right away and he works 10 hour days. so we will see
    jenn660

Answer by jenn660 at 9:24 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I didn't have to. I had a husband who pitched in and still pitches in as I'm not the only one that makes the messes in our house. Everyone does their part. Remember to not over do it as it will delay your complete recovery and it is always harder to bounce back from the 1st child.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• It takes me about a week to get back to normal.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:31 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• one week and I was back at it
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 3:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2011