Okay, so why do you Christians not practice what you preach?

This is the third time this has happened to me. I go to a new church, and they are all friendly and welcoming, then I become a member and all of a sudden I am invisible? "Bear one another burdens," "Love each other," etc. Why do you all SAY all that stuff then not behave that way? Actions speak a lot louder than words, ya know.

All I have ever asked for is a ride to church because my husband and I don't drive. We live in a medium-sized town on a major street that most people probably use to drive right by our house on the way to church. What's the deal? I feel so angry and bitter toward the church right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• OK I'll say this. Open your yellow pages. Call Churches near you. Ask questions. Like the one you asked here. Find a place that really is open to you and your situation. It could that your answer is from God is this church isn't for you. For some of you way to kick a gal when she's down. The other ones you had some real good suggestions. Check out the sites that were given to you. God Bless you dear and I hope you find your home.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:38 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Well everyone is human and has their own failures. They might not feel comfortable giving a ride to someone they barely know. Is this the only reason you feel so angry?
    Daemons_mommy

Answer by Daemons_mommy at 12:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Most churches have vans/bus' to transport. Check it out.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• You really shouldn't categorize all Christians this way. It's not true of every single one. I'm posting a link for Calvary churches. You can look for one near you if you are interested. They are a non-denominational church and they just teach God's Word. When I went to the Calvary in my city for the fist time it was so huge, but I couldn't believe how welcoming it was and still is 2 years later.

http://www4.calvarychapel.com/find_a_church.cfm
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• And BTW, they have programs for people that need rides to church. I'm not sure if there is a Calvary in your town, or where you live, but you should check.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:00 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• For one thing, not all are like that. For another, I think, in this situation, it might be in how you approached it. If you asked a couple of people, then there is a chance that they weren't able to or weren't comfortable with it, or were just jerks. On the other hand, if you just put out a general announcement, then there is a good chance that there are a lot of people who would be willing, but are assuming that someone else is doing it. Not a good reason, but also, not an uncommon thing, Christian or not.

Maybe you should contact the Pastor and ask him if there is someone who is able to give you a ride, let them know there is a need.

Just remember, being Christian doesn't make any of us perfect - we are all still sinners.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I practice what I preach. How come ppl always want to lump all christians into one category?

Answer by gemgem at 1:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I have the same problem. I have left a few churches due to transportation issues. Not all Christians are like that.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• this is the third time you have been disappointed in a church for transportation reasons??? maybe you should examine yourself, at this point, instead of blaming your disappointment on others. have you contacted the church, told them you need transportation, and asked if they can help? why is this all of the sudden a problem--in other words, did you need transportation before you joined the membership, got it, and now for whatever reason, its no longer provided? or did you think because you joined a particular church, all your needs would be met? that's not always the case...sometimes you have to do your part in reaching your goals; no one automatically knows all your needs just because you show up for services. also, please don't judge the whole church (this one, or all of them) because of this one issue. its a personal problem, more than a neglect of the church. sorry if this sounds harsh.
    Anonymous

• Answer to gemgem: Because you all walk around judging and telling the rest of us how to live and then you do the same things and then say, oh, well, we're all sinners too. But somehow YOU are "good" sinners and the rest of us are going to hell.
    Anonymous