Opinion VS Judgment

There is a lot of discussion on Judgment so I thought I would try to clear things up.  I for one am not one for personal judgment.  I have never walked a mine in your shoes so I will not Judge you.  I do however have an Opinion.  God gave me a brain and I intend to use it.

On a lot of post I have been noticing people throwing out the "please don't judge" card, when in reality they are saying "I don't really want your opinion if you disagree with me".

So here is the definition of both:

Judgment: The operation of the mind involving comparison and discrimination by which a knowledge of the values and relations of thins whether of moral qualities, intellectual concepts, logical propositions or material facts.

Opinion:  A view formed about something , not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

So when I post I fully expect your Opinion good, bad or indifferent.  I taken into account everyone has a bad day and that, and that you really might think I am an Idiot, but that is okay it is your Opinion and you are entitled to it.

Just wanted to put this out there... Bump if ya agree and feedback is always welcome!!!

sipn_mom

Asked by sipn_mom at 9:08 AM on Jun. 27, 2011 in About CafeMom

• ah heck..you're gonna go say something like that and everyone will adhere to it, and act accordingly. next thing ya know, CM will stop being as drama-popular, hormonal ladies will stop giving a darn, and get back to doing the business of motherhood, rather than constantly clicking on the next post or thread..and CM will fail to function, they'll stop making money, and well, dang. what will i do when i have a spare moment from cleaning house or bouncing a baby?
    find another corner to dust??
    lol.
    i'll bump ya, though. heck, now i just need to find 24 more to bump.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:00 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I agree with you on this. The problem that I find is that some people can express an opposing opinion without being very rude about it. I have no problem with differing opinions, that is how the world turns, but some people just don't know how to voice theirs without coming off as very rude.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:35 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Agreed:)
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 9:13 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Agreed. However that doesn't mean you can be rude and cruel about it. For example, if someone asks a question on how to handle something, saying "I wouldn't since I would never let that happen it's all your fault aghfgdlagdjgoair" is judging whereas "I've never been in that situation. If I were, here's how I'd handle it" is an opinion. If you can't give advice to the question asked, don't answer. It's not that difficult.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 11:36 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Phew, now that you've cleared that up ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I agree!!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 11:05 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I agree!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Agreed!!♥
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Is everybody forgetting a tiny little detail.....T R O L L S! What do we do with them?
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2011