how can i stop having depression?

hailysmom

Asked by hailysmom at 6:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Health

• If it's bad ask a doctor for help. Don't miss out on enjoying life because you are afraid to seek help. Think about the what's causing it and if something can be done about the stress? In the meantime, bath daily no matter how depressed, get some sun, help someone else in need and make a list of all you have to be happy about. Find someone to talk with about how you are feeling. Good luck.
    ChattyWifePlus2

Answer by ChattyWifePlus2 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I struggle with depression and I feel that for me it has been an almost life-long issue. Kinda like with addicts, once a depressive, always a depressive, and I have to be careful what thoughts I let take root in my mind.

Others however become depressed after a traumatic incident (like with some moms and their post pardum).

With me, I've been depressed for so long, I don't know how not to be. I have to learn (am trying to learn) how to be optimistic and allow joy to grow in my heart and life.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Go to the doctor and tell him you cant stop feeling depressed... There are alot of medicines that can help you out. Feel better soon :)
    mom2girliegirls

Answer by mom2girliegirls at 9:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• You can talk to you ob or regular dr. about it. Its not uncommon. Also, chattywifeplus2 is right - no matter how hard it is to get motivated, get up, get in the shower and get ready for your day. Get some sun too, even if you just lay outside for awhile it helps. pm anytime!
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 9:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• PRAY, depression is a state of mind, i FINALLY figured that out
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 12:42 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• depression is a chemical imbalance in ur brain. there are a few things u can do if ur depression is mild (good nutrition, exercise, getting more vitamin d, taking st johns wort, more sleep) but if u have severe depression then u need to talk to ur dr about it.
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 3:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• You name it I've been on it, Prozac, Paxil, Cymbalta, Wellbutrin, Zoloft etc. Exercise definately helps trust me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• read the book by joel osteen
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 5:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• read the book by joel osteen
    Patience1

• i too have struggled with depression my whole life. i have found that it's hard, but you try and find things that make you happy whether it be getting together with friends or an activity, etc. and definitely don't keep it inside, you need to talk to someone about your feelings.
    nsconductorwife

Answer by nsconductorwife at 3:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2008