What is the BEST thing about your religion?

There has been so much negativity on here about religion lately. So I wanted to know what different people feel is the best thing about their religion. Any religion not just Christianity.

The best thing about my religion (Christianity) is, Jesus. For me He is a light in a dark world and he will keep being that light for me until the day that he calls me home.

Daemons_mommy

Asked by Daemons_mommy at 1:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• The peace that is given to me by God and Jesus.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Our religion is based entirely on our Savior and the Atonement, and we are taught that if we live right we can someday live with him. Also that if we marry in the temple we can be with our significant other for all eternity,and our children can be sealed to us.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 1:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I'm agnostic. I believe in a higher power, i just don't know what it is. I like being agnostic because when I studied other religions there were things I could believe in and other things I couldn't. It's kind of like making a religion of my own.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:13 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• The best thing about my religion is that it provides a sensible, sane footing to stand on when making my decisions and when reacting to situations that arise. I have noticed with my kids (now 30, 29 & 21) that inasmuch as they keep their religion central to their way of thinking, then they are not fazed or "thrown" by difficulties & stresses, and they make good long-range decisions & choices. ... Perspective. That is what religion - at least my religion - creates. It's like standing an a hillside and viewing the valley below. While living down in that valley, as I do every day, it is very hard to see the larger picture, hard to understand the patterns of destiny. But with the ability to swoop up to the hillside and look at things from above, many realities reveal themselves.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Jesus Christ & the relationship with him.

Answer by gemgem at 1:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• The best thing about my faith is that I feel that I am studying the Truth...and it truly has set me free and apart from this world. I have learned so many things just by researching and doing bible study...history is a big role in Bible facts...that is my favorite part of my faith.
    Patrina1981

Answer by Patrina1981 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I like being agnostic. It's given me a freedom I never felt before. It felt really good when I could just throw my arms up and say "I don't know." It's also opened the doors for me to learn about and study so many other religions, not just Christianity. I'm also unafraid for the future now, and I'm secure with my mortality.

I dunno...I just feel at peace. That's a big deal for me.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:58 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I like my religion because I follow rules that I believe are right and avoid the things I think are wrong. There are several differences in the wording of most religions, but all in all, they come down to two rules :Don't hurt anyone and mind your own business.
    sounds good to me.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 2:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• it has to be that it has a strong family values and godly values that makes this church such a blessing in my life. we get persecuted a lot but i know this church is true with all my heart.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My religion( or lack of) makes me happy! I don't feel like I"m lying to myself and I can embrace the world for what it is, good and bad
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2008